Sunday, November 06, 2005

 

Mark's Sysinternals Blog: Sony, Rootkits and Digital Rights Management Gone Too Far

GEEK NOTE

The DRM reference made me recall having purchased a CD recently that can only be played using the media player that ships on the CD itself and that limits you to at most 3 copies. I scrounged through my CD?s and found it, Sony BMG?s Get Right with the Man (the name is ironic under the circumstances) CD by the Van Zant brothers. I hadn?t noticed when I purchased the CD from Amazon.com that it?s protected with DRM software, but if I had looked more closely at the text on the Amazon.com web page I would have known:

Quite a deep techie writeup, but you might want to at least consider this BEFORE buying any DRM protected Sony products. Sheesh!
- Frank

Comments: Post a Comment
<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?